Sunday, August 06, 2006

Adoption by default

During the last 2 years of my last relationship my "other half" and I had decided to try our luck with a fish tank. A fish tank became two, two became three, and three became four. Soon we were successfully hatching eggs! and mastering the art of a Fish hobbyist. I always enjoyed seeing and admiring the tanks every night while my "other half" would take care of everything. But after my "other half" was gone I found myself adopting the Fish by default.

How on earth am i going to take care of these "things"! I said to myself in a moment of panic. I barely knew how to turn on the light. All i knew was the twice a day feeding and the water change theory every other week. I felt like the useless and helpless widow who depended on the husband for every little thing.

Today, not only do i enjoy admiring My Fish every day, but I can truly understand what Fish can teach you and bring to your house.
I have to Thank my parents for being so supportive, for helping me figure everything out and keeping them alive. If it wasnt because of them I would not have the joy of waking up to the sound of my "Natural alarm clock" - one of My Fish bouncing the pebbles every morning.
and still sit on my couch to admire My Fish.

In this post, I'd like to share a life gallery of My Beautiful Fish and pass on what I've learned.

1 comment:

rob said...

Great video. First time i watched it I thought the little one was just playing dead...