Saturday, June 02, 2007

Today is D Day

So, i've worked and worked and worked over the past year to see this moment. Today I am opening my website to the public!

Based on past experience, as bad as the previous website used to be, people would get ready to shop online as if it was a horse race. With this new website and the advertising that has been done, i'm assuming it will be ever more of a horse race with tons of espectators.

I've pushed my team to get this going and they have all come through. We've all worked hard. But it wasnt until yesterday, around 4pm. when i finally had my heart drop to my stomach because that's when i finally realized we are almost there! luckly, my anxiety only lasted a second. I was able to keep going afterwards. It was the last day, and we still had 2 major issues to fix before the site opened.

As ready as we could be, we all went home... or at least some did. I went to the local bar next to my job, and enjoyed as much as i could without getting too drunk for the next day, a few drinks.
The next morning, TODAY, i woke up at 5:30am. (so much for being afraid to not be able to wake up!) and suddenly, i had this rush in my tummy... everything seemed to turn...

SHUT!!!! A FEW MORE HOURS! it is the moment of truth.... today is the day we see if our hard work paid off!

(Deep breath).... Wish me Good Luck!

No comments: