Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good Bye 2006, Welcome 2007!

Once again is that time of the year, those very last moments waiting for the ball drop, or as we would say it back home - the 12 "campanasos" (the count down of the 12 Bells).
I'm getting ready to cheer with friends and loved ones with a glass of champagne. Everyone is counting down loudly and with a big smile. At the sound of the last bell, we all scream Happy New Year! Hugs, smiles and cheers.

Suddenly, as if I was part of a cartoon, I feel like my body separates from the crowd. I close my eyes, just for a blink, and there I was taking myself back to the whole year.
I open my eyes and feel them watering... it was at that moment that I, for the first time, felt from the bottom of my heart that this passing year was the most difficult year yet and that I was just so glad it had ended.
A silent sigh, a discrete tear and a thought - I made it through!

So many things, so many lessons that make me who I am today. I am just so glad that 06 is over and i am just so eager to start a new beginning...

Cheers to 2007!

No comments: